Tight shipping windows due to weather holds. Crowded warehouse floors with purchases ready to ship, but can’t because of the weather. Zone Skipping and other cold chain methods with ‘mostly’ temperature control that still need styrofoam or ice packs, adding to your or your customers shipping cost. In short, you or your customers are paying significant amounts on shipping costs via a common carrier that isn’t even utilizing methods to ship via temperature controlled from door-to-door. Sound familiar? If you answered yes, you’re in the majority.
Now imagine this: Year-round shipping. Temperature-controlled shipments that no longer require styrofoam, ice packs or bulky pulp-filled boxes–an eco-friendly solution. Unprecedented temperature-controlled coverage map, serving the largest wine consuming markets across the U.S. Shipping costs at a fraction of recommended expedited common carrier service. Too good to be true? Not anymore.
The Wine Mover SmartShip Wine Program (SSWP) provides an eco-friendly shipping solution for wineries while utilizing best-in-class methods via temperature controlled vehicles throughout the process, allowing year-round shipping across the country. It gives a winery’s clients the ability to ship all of their Napa & Sonoma purchases via temperature-controlled vehicles to our industry partners across the country—all at a fraction of the cost vs common carrier. We’ve partnered with the top wine storage facilities across the country, providing unprecedented coverage to over 15 of the largest wine consuming markets in the U.S. to receive and store purchases for consumers in each metropolitan area.
As an added component to the SSWP, we have provided the option and ability for customers in each major market to participate in the program by shipping to their area’s participating facility and picking up their wine at a safe, temperature-controlled location. This added piece gives a winery even more reach and coverage to their consumers throughout the U.S.
Here are the valuable benefits of consumers and wineries within The Wine Mover SmartShip Wine Program.
SmartShip Wine Program Improves Your Clients’ Experience…
- By saving money: The Wine Mover shipping rates are $30-50 per piece, depending upon where your customer is located in the country, providing your customers an average savings of over 60% vs the recommended 2-day expedited service.
- Via temperature-controlled, door-to-door shipments: We provide end-to-end, temperature-controlled shipments at a fraction of the cost of common carriers, preserving the quality of each bottle you produce.
- By being assured of a safe, secure process: Here at The Wine Mover, we ship wine and only wine, all day every day, which means we understand how it’s supposed to be transported. Your client’s shipments arrive at wine storage facilities intact, at ideal temperatures, palletized and shrink-wrapped.
- By becoming eco-friendly: Because our shipments are temperature-controlled from door-to-door we eliminate the need for styrofoam-filled boxes, preserving natural resources and avoiding toxic waste. In addition, this removal of styrofoam provides 40% more space in your client’s storage lockers, again, saving them money, which will no doubt be allocated back into their wine budget.
SmartShip Wine Program Improves Your Business…
Year Round Shipping Windows
Reducing Costs AND Going Green
- By providing year-round shipping: End-to-end temperature controlled solutions that give the winery the flexibility to ship year-round, clearing warehouse floor at your winery or fulfillment house and allowing you to book revenue sooner.
- Through Our Unprecedented Shipping Coverage: We’ve built a best-in-class network consisting of the top wine storage facilities in 15 of the largest wine consuming areas in the U.S. to receive, store or provide final-mile temperature-controlled delivery for your customers.*
- By Reducing Material Cost & Going Green: A major ancillary benefit of switching to a fully temperature-controlled solution is doing away with the styrofoam, pulp filled boxes or the addition of unnecessary ice-packs. This allows the winery and the consumer to pro-actively make the choice to go to a much greener solution. By giving your customers this option to ship, it provides them a simple and effective way to purchase, ship and store their wines in a more environmentally conscious manner.
SmartShip Wine Program Nationwide Partners & Delivery Coverage Areas
The Wine Mover understands that each winery is unique regarding shipping solutions to customers. The team behind SmartShip Wine Program understands the intricacies of shipping to consumers and is able to work with each winery to find a solution that best suits their needs. Please contact us and we can learn more about your needs and tailor a program that streamlines the shipping process to ensure your wine is reaching the customer in pristine condition at these 20 different locations across the country:
- Boston – International Wine Vaults (Stoughton)
- Boston – International Wine Vaults (Framingham)
- Charleston – Charleston Wine Vault
- Charlotte – Cork Vault
- Chicago – The Chicago Wine Company
- Dallas/Forth Worth – Classic Wine Storage & Services (Dallas)
- Dallas/Forth Worth – Classic Wine Storage & Services (Fort Worth)
- Dallas/Forth Worth – Classic Wine Storage & Services (Southlake)
- Denver/Boulder – Corkscrews Wine Storage (Denver)
- Denver/Boulder – Corkscrews Wine Storage (Boulder)
- Denver/Boulder – Corkscrews Wine Storage (Centennial)
- Houston – Nos Caves Vin (Rice Village)
- Houston – Nos Caves Vin (Memorial City)
- Los Angeles – Jim Lewis & Associates
- New York/New Jersey – River Valley Wine Cellars
- Phoenix/Scottsdale – Vinum 55 (Phoenix)
- Phoenix/Scottsdale – Vinum 55 (Scottsdale)
- Phoenix/Scottsdale – Vinum 55 (Chandler)
- Portland – Portland Wine Storage
- Seattle – Seattle Wine Storage
- South Florida – Imperial Wine Storage
SmartShip Wine Program Pickup Coverage Areas
The Wine Mover will pickup from:
- Napa & Sonoma Wineries
- Napa & Sonoma Fulfillment Houses
Simply click on the link below to request more information on specific rates and how we can build a customized SmartShip Solution for your winery.